We Are Here to Help: JFL’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Emergency Loan Options
The Community-Wide Emergency Relief Loan Program (CWDR)
This program focuses on making interest-free loans when the community is faced with man-made or natural events that are beyond anyone’s control, and where the need for financial assistance is time sensitive. These needs may include, but are not limited to, childcare expenses, educational costs, rent, utilities, insurance payments and medical needs. This program enables JFL to expedite requests for assistance, which have and will continue to benefit individuals and families impacted by COVID-19 for the foreseeable future.
Economic Crisis Response Program (ECRP)
Run in partnership with Jewish Family and Children’s Service Helping Hands Program, the ECRP is an ongoing part of JFL’s loan program which is designed to help individuals and families meet their basic needs. Currently, it is also assisting those who are affected by the impacts of COVID-19.
If you are in need of assistance, please contact us today. We have numerous options available and will do our best to help meet your needs.
Hours of Operation
- Back-to-School During COVID-19: For information about back-to-school resources, please refer to the In the News section of our website.
- Arizona 2-1-1: A new statewide hotline has opened to provide answers to questions surrounding COVID-19. For more information visit the 2-1-1 website.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service: Short-term financial assistance to Jewish individuals and families in Maricopa County who are otherwise unable to meet their basic needs. JFCS also offers counseling, behavioral health services, psychiatric care, career services and food assistance. Please visit the JFCS website for more information.
- Ezras Cholim of Phoenix: Kosher Get Well meals, advocacy for patients, rehab support, mobility solutions and Shabbat Baskets. For more information on these services, please call (602) 492-4989 or visit the Ezras Cholim website.
- Fannie Mae: Know your options as a homeowner or renter during COVID-19.
- For more information on COVID-19 and emergency preparedness please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website or Governor Ducey’s website.
By the Numbers
40 grocery gift cards were donated to BJE and JFCS Passover food boxes for low income households.
Household goods (including toilet paper, sanitizer, and toiletries) are distributed to borrowers in need as part of an ongoing initiative.
The need is greater than ever! Please consider making a donation to support our efforts!
JFL would like to thank the Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix for their generous grant of $40,000, which is helping to support our efforts to provide interest-free loans to Jewish individuals and families in financial distress. The money was awarded as part of the Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix Emergency Fund.
Thank you to the Jewish Community Foundation for their generous grant of $7,500 to support the provision of food and gas cards to Jewish individuals and families experiencing emergency situations and particularly challenging times. These funds were provided through JCF’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
We are also thankful to the many community partners, volunteers, board members, donors and friends who make it possible for us to meet the needs of our community.