We Are Here to Help: JFL’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Emergency Loan Options
The Community-Wide Emergency Relief Loan Program (CWDR)
This program focuses on making interest-free loans when the community is faced with man-made or natural events that are beyond anyone’s control, and where the need for financial assistance is time sensitive. These needs may include, but are not limited to, childcare expenses, educational costs, rent, utilities, insurance payments and medical needs. This program enables JFL to expedite requests for assistance, which have and will continue to benefit individuals and families impacted by COVID-19 for the foreseeable future.
Economic Crisis Response Program (ECRP)
Run in partnership with Jewish Family and Children’s Service Helping Hands Program, the ECRP is an ongoing part of JFL’s loan program which is designed to help individuals and families meet their basic needs. Currently, it is also assisting those who are affected by the impacts of COVID-19.
If you are in need of assistance, please contact us today. We have numerous options available and will do our best to help meet your needs.
Hours of Operation
- Arizona 2-1-1: A new statewide hotline has opened to provide answers to questions surrounding COVID-19. For more information visit the 2-1-1 website.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service: Short-term financial assistance to Jewish individuals and families in Maricopa County who are otherwise unable to meet their basic needs. JFCS also offers counseling, behavioral health services, psychiatric care, career services and food assistance. Please visit the JFCS website for more information.
- Ezras Cholim of Phoenix: Kosher Get Well meals, advocacy for patients, rehab support, mobility solutions and Shabbat Baskets. For more information on these services, please call (602) 492-4989 or visit the Ezras Cholim website.
- Lasagna Love: If you have been impacted by COVID-19 (physically, financially or emotionally) you can request a home-cooked lasagna or main dish to be delivered to your family. You are also able to nominate friends or family to receive a meal as well. Kosher options available. Please visit the Lasagna Love website for more information.
- KiwiKids Wellness Initiative: Weekly meal packages are available free of charge for all children ages 1-18 who are at home and are not receiving meals in school or from another site. There are no income eligibility requirements or location restrictions to receive free meals. Please visit the KiwiKids website for more information.
- Fannie Mae: Know your options as a homeowner or renter during COVID-19.
- If you are in need of hygiene and homecare products, please reach out to [email protected] for information about the JFL Care Bag program.
- For more information on COVID-19 and emergency preparedness please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website or Governor Ducey’s website.
By the Numbers
Over the past year, JFL provided 100 grocery and gas gift cards to JFL borrowers and households in need through community partnerships. This is an ongoing program.
Household goods (including toilet paper, sanitizer, and toiletries) are also distributed to borrowers in need as part of an ongoing initiative.
Demand is still high for COVID-19 related loans and is increasing in other traditional loan categories as well. Please consider making a donation to support our efforts.
JFL would like to thank the Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix for their generous grants totaling $80,000, which is helping to support our efforts to provide interest-free loans to Jewish individuals and families in financial distress. The money was awarded as part of the Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix Emergency Fund.
Thank you to the Jewish Community Foundation for their generous grants totaling $27,500. These funds will support the provision of interest-free loans, as well as food and gas cards to Jewish individuals and families experiencing emergency situations and particularly challenging times. These funds were provided through JCF’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
We are also thankful to the many community partners, volunteers, board members, donors and friends who make it possible for us to meet the needs of our community.